1. Company Information
- Re:Mind Studio is a trading name of Re Mind Studio Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales (Company Number, 10764534) and whose registered office is 25A Eccleston Place, London, United Kingdom, SW1W 9NF. Our registered VAT number is 283 8161 82.
- We are the owners of all intellectual property rights on this website. Those works are protected by copyright laws and all such rights are reserved.
- These terms and conditions will outline the process of booking and participating in classes at Re:Mind Studio. You understand that by attending classes at the studio you accept and agree that you are bound by these terms, whether or not you have physically or digitally signed these terms. You have no right to attend and use our services if you don't agree to these terms.
- You can contact Re:Mind Studio by emailing email@example.com or by writing to Re:Mind Studio, 25A Eccleston Place, London, SW1W 9NF.
2. Health & Safety
- The intention of Re:Mind Studio signature classes is to support the mental wellbeing of its guests with meditation inspired group classes. The health, wellbeing and safety of each customer is a priority, hence we require for these terms and conditions to be applied at all times.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you are medically and mentally capable of taking a class at Re:Mind. All classes are undertaken at your own risk.
- The guests are required to disclose any crucial medical information, such as pregnancy or epilepsy in a confidential manner to the team or teachers prior to the class.
- Re:Mind may from time-to-time reasonably request further information relating to a guest’s personal details, physical or mental health and wellbeing without prejudice to the provisions made of clause
- Guests acknowledge that our team and teachers are not medically qualified, notwithstanding those with first aid qualifications, so if you have any doubts about your capability to participate in a class, you must obtain advice from your doctor prior to participation.
- Guests are responsible for adherence to the rules and regulations within the Re:Mind studio, the use of facilities, and observation of the conditions expressed in these terms.
- Participants under the age of 14 to 18 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Prior to booking a session for a person under the age of 18, please get in touch with our team to confirm participation. We reserve the right to decline participation if we deem a child too young to take a certain class.
3. Prices, Schedule and Booking Classes
- We ensure that our published schedule on the website and printed in the studio is up to date. In certain instances out of our control we reserve the right to make any last minute changes (teacher illness, noise issues at the studio etc.)
- All prices are valid and correct at the time of purchase or booking. We reserve the right to make any changes to our prices and structure of the packages at any time and without notice. We always ensure we price the classes and events fairly. All prices for all pricing options include 20% VAT.
- Classes and class packs are available to purchase online or in person at Re:Mind Studio. We don’t accept cash and all payments must be made by debit or credit card prior to making a class booking.
- We do not record or store any debit or credit card information. If a guest would like to store their card details for future purchases, a request can be made to a member of the team to do so.
- After a purchase and class booking, Re:Mind will follow up with a confirmation email to the email address provided by the guest. We will share the receipt via email and details on the class that was booked, including location, date and time of the class.
- All pre-purchased class packs have expiry dates that will be made clear of at the time of purchase and will expire at a specific date if not used.
- Purchases of classes and class packs and bookings are non-transferrable. Guests can not transfer any purchases to another person or permit them to be used by anyone other than themselves. Any assignment, transfer or disposal of purchases made is at the sole discretion of Re:Mind and may only be permitted in exceptional circumstances.
4. Cancellation, Latecomers and Refunds
- We operate a strict 12-hour cancellation policy for all the classes. If the guest fails to attend a class it will be deducted from the class pack and the credit will be lost and non-refundable.
- All cancellations or changes must be clearly communicated to the studio 12 hours before a scheduled class. We can not offer a refund or date change if we are not informed 12 hours in advance of the class.
- All classes begin exactly on the scheduled time and no latecomers will be admitted to the class. Guests need to ensure they arrive in good time to settle in before the class begins.
- If a guest fails to arrive to the session on time, they will not be admitted to the class and will lose the credit from the session pack.
- Re:Mind Studio reserves the right to cancel classes whether we encounter any unforeseen circumstances. We will notify all guests of the cancellation as soon as possible via the email provided during registration, and will return the credit to your account.
- Further information on the cancellation and lateness policy can be found here.
- If an item of merchandise, apparel or other sale item is returned, we will only be able to refund to the card that the purchase was made on. Refunds will only be made for items that are unused, have their original tags and proof of purchase within 30 days of the purchase date.
- Statutory rights of the consumers are not affected by any restrictions indicated in these terms and conditions. Any refund can only be made to the original debit cards used at the time of purchase.
5. Behaviour, Class Participation, Rules and Etiquette
- Upon arrival, all guests must sign in with the Re:Mind team at the front desk.
- We ask you to be mindful of the experience of others in the studio premises and refrain from speaking loudly and using offensive language. We are a place of calm and rest.
- The teacher has the right to refuse entry or ask you to leave if they feel that theirs, yours or another’s safety or enjoyment are being put at risk.
- Shoes and footwear have to be removed prior to entering the meditation studio however guests can choose whether to participate barefoot or wearing socks.
- Use of mobile phones and digital devices must be kept to a minimum upon entering the space. And the use of any devices is prohibited during the classes. If a guest insists on using a mobile phone or another device during class, they will be asked to leave the class without receiving a refund.
- If a participant is unwell during the class, the guest must inform the teacher immediately and speak to a first aid qualified member of the team.
- Participants should leave the class promptly at the teachers instruction at the end of the class, removing all personal belongings leaving their meditation station in the state in which they found it on arrival.
- If a teacher believes that a participant is putting himself or others in danger or is disturbing the class in any way, we reserve the right to ask the guest to leave the class without receiving a refund.
6. Images & Photography
- Guests accept that photographs, video recordings and electronic images may be taken in the studio by other participants, Re:Mind team or teachers in the studio before or after a class. However, Re:Mind prohibits any photography or video recordings to be taken during class by teachers, team or guests.
- Re:Mind does not accept legal responsibility for any damage or loss to the personal property of any guest brought onto the space.
- Lockers with locks are provided for personal belongings, however we would like to remind you that you leave your belongings at your own risk. Any items left behind in the studio, will be stored for a month and afterwards donated to a local charity.
- All classes are taken at your own risk.
- Re:Mind or any member of the team are not liable in the event of a personal injury whilst in the studio, except in so far as it can be proven that this relates to the wilful act, neglect or default of the Re:mind or the team.
- Guests who get injured in the space must report the incident to the team immediately.
- We update and revisit these policies and terms and conditions on a regular basis.
- We shall not be responsible for any breach of the terms and conditions caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- A person who is not a party to this contract shall have no right under the UK Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this contract. This does not affect any right or remedy of a person who is not a party to this contract that exists or is available apart from that Act.
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
- We will still be entitled to use our rights in any other situation where you breach or ignore the terms and conditions.
- These conditions shall be subject to the laws governing England and Wales. We will try to resolve any disagreements quickly, but if you are not happy with the way we deal with any disagreement and you want to take court proceedings, you must do so within England and Wales.